Now that Thanksgiving is over, the time is finally here! I want to welcome all of you to the CLEAN EAT DECEMBER Challenge Group.
To recap, this is a 31-day FREE Challenge starting Tuesday, 12/1/15, through Thursday, 12/31/15. Simply track what you eat for 31 days using the app MyFitnessPal (MFP) (Download Here –> iPhone | Android | Desktop). Your objective is to come within 100 calories of your goal and within 5% of each of your macros. If you’re already a veteran to MFP, then you’re well aware of how many calories and macros go into food. If this is brand new to you, then you may be shocked to see what those few bites of dessert at a restaurant add up to!!
- EXAMPLE for Calories: If you’re aiming for 2,000 calories per day, try to eat between 1,900 and 2,100 calories.
- EXAMPLE for Macros: If you’re aiming for a Fat Shredder nutrition plan consisting of 50% protein, try to eat at between 45%-55% protein.
- REGISTRATION! If you’ve registered for the CLEAN EAT DECEMBER Challenge ONLY using this form (bitly.com/teamgenesischallenge), but you HAVE NOT created a free Team Beachbody account, then please do so by CLICKING HERE.
- Not only does this officially make me your coach, but you gain access to the SuperGym, workout buddies to keep you motivated and inspired, weekly newsletters, and much more.
- CONSISTENCY! Plain and simple, “sticking with it” is hands down the most difficult part that most people struggle with. Sure it’s easy to remain focused for the first 2-3 days. But what happens when you get to day 15, and there’s a big bowl of nachos, or cookies, or bucket of beer at a friend’s house for a birthday party?? Do you get derailed?? Many people will, but those are generally the folks that tend not to see results and wonder why they don’t see results when day 31 rolls around. Remember that this is about being consistent. The only way you do this is through the compound effect, day after day, allowing seemingly unnoticeable changes to set in over time and create dramatic results.
HOW THIS WORKS:
Everyday for 31 days, I will be posting a comment on our team page (HERE). My job is to check in with you daily to make sure that you guys are staying on track. I’ll be including helpful tips, tricks, suggestions, comments, and asking questions. Your job is to ensure you’re eating the proper amount of calories with macro percentages. If you’re not sure how to do so, I will include the two links below with every post:
- CALORIE CALCULATOR –> http://bitly.com/teamgenesiscaloriecalculator
- This form allows you to easily calculate everything you’ll need based on your weight and goals.
- DAILY ENTRY FORM –> http://bitly.com/MFPdailyentryform
- This form is your daily submission. It shouldn’t take you longer than 2 minutes to complete.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT FROM ME:
- As your coach, I will be in touch daily and will make myself as readily available as possible. My goal is to answer any and all questions within 24-48 hours.
- I will post at 5:30am every morning to remain consistent and so you can schedule your responses accordingly.
- I am not a fitness or nutrition expert. HOWEVER, I will help to guide and push you in the right direction. If there are questions regarding your nutrition or workout plan, I will give you my knowledge to the best ability or point you in the right direction on where to find it.
- Should you choose to share personal information with me, I will keep everything private and will not share ANYTHING without your consent first.
- This generally refers, but is not limited, to someone’s weight, measurements, etc.
- I will not push products on you. Yes, I will occasionally refer to some Beachbody products that I use and highly recommend, but by no means are you under any pressure to buy or purchase anything at any time.
- I will be holding another Challenge starting in January and will be happy to plug you in if you so choose.
WHAT I SHOULD EXPECT FROM YOU:
- I expect each of you to comment daily on my post to show me that you’re engaging and interacting.
- We want to make this a fun and interactive learning process for everyone. It’s no fun with everyone lurking in a dark corner, keeping to themselves.
- I expect you to submit your “MFP Daily Entry Form” everyday filled out to the best of your ability.
- I’m not expecting you to be perfect. I just ask that you try your best and learn how the program works.
- I expect you to ask questions if you don’t know something.
- Chances are that others have those same questions, so do not be embarrassed to ask.
- If you’d feel more comfortable messaging me in private, then you’re more than welcome to do so.
- I expect you to stay consistent! It’s not my job to hunt you down day after day asking for you to fill out your daily entry form. You need to take responsibility and make this Challenge a priority if you want to get the full benefits from it. Now I understand that everyone has off days, and some days you may accidentally forget to check-in, but don’t make it a habit.
- I expect you to share Challenge groups like these with others.
- More than likely, you know someone that’s struggling to get on track with their health. The daily entry form has an option to recommend a friend which I’ll be more than happy to connect with and invite them to a challenge like this one.
LET’S GET STARTED!
I’ve already begun posting on our team page (HERE) regarding prep work as well as the two main links mentioned above. I know you guys are going to do great and I’m looking forward to seeing the progress that each of you make. As of today, (11/29/15), I’ve been on a 78-day streak of tracking. My goal is to continue this all the way through next year without skipping a day. How about you? What are your goals? Do you want to make this Challenge just a one time thing, and then go back to eating by “winging it?” Or, do you want to turn this into a habit and remain aware of what you’re putting into your mouth? Either way, commit yourself to the next 31 days and try to remain as consistent as possible. You can do this!